First week in Florida!

Well, so far so good! Jon, Ty, and I are adjusting nicely to our new home. It was a rough ride getting here, but now that everything is said and done, it's looking promising! I know that everything happened so fast, but when an opportunity like the one given to us comes around, we decided to take it instead of pass it up. Jon is doing so well at his new dealership. He is now the General Sales Manager of Hampden Imports in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. There is so much work that needs to be done, but he is always game for a challenge, and he is definately the man for the job. The General Manager (Jons boss), Don Moyers brought Jon to the dealership knowing that he was not going to have to worry. Don splits his time between 2 stores, one in Ft. Walton, and one in Lafayette, LA. He has put all of his faith and trust in Jon, and can now focus all his time on what he needs to put it towards. Jon has already made an impact on the owner, and has high hopes for the future of the store.
Ty is doing so well! He loves Florida, and still reffers everything to "Florida". "Mommy, are we going to the Walmart in Florida?" "Are we going to the beach in Florida?" "When we get to Florida, I'm going to get a new seashell." We are still trying to teach him that we LIVE in Florida, and EVERYTHING is Florida. Still a working progress. He always wants to go to the beach, and ocean. He is fearless with the water, which makes me very nervous! He is becoming a professional sand castle builder as well. (The first time we went to the beach while living down here, Jon and I attempted to build a sand castle. Jon built the mote first, which apparently is the last thing to be built? Who knew?! Needless to say, it is something that we are learning as well.) Yesterday we took him to one of the piers in our area, and walked up and down with him. It was so much fun! I had no idea there was so much wildlife here. From the pier we saw 5 dolphins, a huge sea turtle, tons of fish... big and small... and everything that people were catching while fishing! It was so much fun! We will definately be visiting again. Jon and I both agree that one of the first big investments we make out here will be for fishing. Ty had a great time going from person to person to see the catches.
Next week Ty will be making the next big step in his life. Starting preschool. Today him and I went around the area from school to school until we found the right one for him. I was a nervous wreck all day! He didn't want to leave! It just verifies to me that it is time for my little man to officially grow up. It's not a fun reality check. Regardless, we are all very excited. He has had a pretty crazy month, and this will be good for him to have something normal in his life that he can fall back on. Especially since we will be adding a new little Davis to our family in a few months. He wants ALL HIS FRIENDS to be at his birthday, so maybe we should start by getting him some new friends! Even though I know he would love nothing more than to have all of his CO friends fly out to Florida in December!
I am doing good. The heat is a killer out here for me being almost 6 months pregnant, but I know once this baby comes, it will be normal to me. Ty is so funny with it. We walk outside, and he always complains that his nose hurts because of the hot humidity he is breathing. It will take him no time to adjust. I am just about done unpacking our home. If Diamond didn't come out with me, I don't want to think of where I would be right now with everything! She was incredible to have helping me, and I am so grateful that I have her in my life. Poor Dior got sick from the altitude, and weather change, but Diamond says that they are getting back into the groove of things, and the little cutie-pie is doing much better. I will be posting pictures of the house as soon as I fully figure out this whole blogging process!!
The baby is GROWING! I swear everyday I wake up, and my stomach is bigger. I have finally gained my first few pounds of the pregnancy, and that is what we have been waiting for. I still get sick, but it is once in a great while that happens now. We are waiting on our insurance packet to arrive in the mail (Hopefully by the end of the week). Then I can set up my first dr. appt. here in Florida. Hopefully the baby won't be so stubborn, and we will be able to tell what the little pookie is!!! I'm dying to find out if my new favorite color will be blue or pink! This baby moves so much already. Ty was laying on my lap last night, and I just started laughing because the baby was kicking so hard, it was moving his head! He just looked up and smiled. I think the new addition will be so good for all of us. Ty is very excited, and still says he is having a little brother, but when he reffers to the baby it is always a she, or her. Only time will tell with this one!
I thought that by keeping a blog, it would a good thing for all of us. I know that when things finally start to calm down on my end, it will be a hard adjustment being away from the incredible people that we have grown to know and love. I also know that with us up and leaving, it has been very hard on our family. Hopefully this will be a comfort for all of you to know that we are doing well! I will keep it updated on a regular basis, and will always have new pictures posted! Whatever is happening with us here in Florida, we will let you all know! Take care for now!! xoxo

3 comments:

Unknown said...
August 9, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Love the blog! Feellike an ass because I never set aside time to see you guys...and now you are gone! like I said...IM AN ASS!!! Very happy to hear you are all doing great! I will have to look you up next time we are in florida!

Donna the ASS! Love ya missy!

Aurora said...
August 9, 2010 at 8:16 PM

That is great to hear Cami! I feel your pain with the pregnant in the summer deal, I did it with all four of mine LOL! Moving away from family is such a hard thing to do, I moved nearly the same distance from my family in California as you did from yours in Colorado, so I have complete empathy for ya. It's hard for me to make friends and people out here have a weird way of keeping to themselves. Sure they say "Hi" and "How are you" and smile and hold a door open, but that is about as far as southern hospitality goes these days. :( I know as talkative and bubbley as you are that it shouldn't even be a problem. for you to make friends out there.

As for the heat... at least you have the beach! LOL, I am marooned in the middle of the deep south with nothing but trees, muddy creeks, and lakes that are as hot as bath water! We will definately be making a trip out there, probably after you have the baby and things settle down after that... (btw do you have names picked out yet???) I will keep you posted on that, it's a 7 1/2 hour drive for us.

I put a link on my blog to your blog, I hope you don't mind. My blog is set to private so only my friends and family members have access to the link.

Sarah Swan said...
August 20, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Thanks for the updates!!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top *JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE*. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.