Welcome to our home!











Hi!!!! I haven't been on in a little over a week, so I apologize! Ty and I actually ended up getting pretty sick the second week we were here. I think that it was due to all the stress, the change in climate and altitude, and as far as I go... THIS PREGNANCY!!! This week has been better though. Ty started his first day of preschool, and he did so good!! His teachers kept rantin' and ravin' at how polite he is, and how well he shares with the other kiddos. He is so smart. I was definately the proud mom, but I was also the mom that couldn't stop the tears! Thank goodness Jon met me on Monday, because there is NO WAY I would have been able to do that alone! (Especially with these out of control hormones!) Ty loved his first week of school, and Jon and I are really excited about the set schedule he is getting on, and it will really come in handy when this baby arrives! He is obviously an only child, and it's definately time for a sibling. :-)


I finally have some pictures of the new Davis Sanctuary!It is still a working progress, but it seems to be coming together nicely! I only have Jon and I's room left, with only a few boxes left to unpack. They are the misc. boxes, so I am really avoiding them! Jon told me today that it is finally starting to feel like home. I ALMOST agree with him. I am still adjusting. It's a lot slower process for me because I really have nothing to occupy my time now that Ty is in school. I am staying busy though! I wasn't really planning on working while I am here, especially with the baby coming in 3 months, but I have been stopped by some people asking about my hair, and alot of the teachers at Tys school have been asking for my business cards. I haven't decided yet, but we will see as things get a little more normal for me. :-) As for the house, we have a 4 bedroom, ranch style home. It is located in Navarre, Fl, and it has a nice, big backyard for the boys to play in. Ty loves to go out and throw the ball to Riley. I swear he could do it for hours!! I will only go outside to hang out during the day. All the creepy crawlies come out at night!! Just last night we noticed a small frog stuck in our window in our bathroom and opened the window to see if we could take the screen off to get it outside again, and it ended up hopping all over the room! It was something I never thought I would have to deal with! Jon saw a snake one night when he took the dogs out, and every night on the outside house wall there are little lizards... not to mention the MASSIVE spiders!!! EEK! I don't do spiders, and totally freik out. .... so gross.... Other than that minor complaint, everything on our home-front is good!!
Work is going well for Jon. He is so busy! The dealership opens at 8am, but he gets there an hour early because he says its the only time he doesn't have his sales guys coming up to him. He is not only the General Sales Manager for the dealership, dealing with so much more than he is used to, but he is now the ONLY manager there. In the past, he has been either a manager for new cars, or a manager for used cars. Now he runs both departments. There was another sales manager working for him, but it didn't work out, and he ended up leaving. The responsibility on Jon is so much, but he loves the new dealership regardless. He is enjoying the work, and enjoying getting to know the guys that he works with. Things are done so differently in the south, and I think that has been one of his biggest adjustments. :-) He hopes that within a few months everything will be where he wants it to be. It's been a very exciting change for him because he has always loved a challenge. Going to a new dealership with so much potential has definately been a welcome change for him. I am so proud of my hubby. He works so hard everyday for his family, and I love him with all my heart.
The little baby growing inside is growing so fast!!! Every morning I wake up, and I swear my belly is bigger! I lost all my weight... not that 5 lbs is alot... while I was sick, but I am back to 4 lbs weight gain. I am happy that I am finally gaining now! I was so ill in the beginning that I would be happy with anything positive! On Friday, Jon finally got everything finalized as far as our new insurance goes, so I will be having my first Florida dr. appt. this week. Hopefully they will be able to tell us if I have a little pink pookie, or blue pookie! I know that once I find out, my time (and money) will be occupied. :-) I have been thinking about taking some sewing classes so that I can have the exact nursery that I want... and seeing as how I can't even sew a button on a shirt, I'm going to have to take them for awhile! It should be fun though. Jon and I are so excited to welcome a new mini Davis/Grigg to our family. December is for sure going to be an extremely busy month for us this year! My mom is planning on coming out the beginning of the month, and staying for a few weeks to help prepare for baby which is due on the 14th. Tys birthday is on the 11th, so it will be really nice to have my mom here to help with his birthday party that he will be having at school. My little brother Cassidy is returning home from his 2 year mission, and instead of going home to CO, he will be meeting my mom here, and going home with her. I'm so excited to see him. I miss him like crazy! My parents are finally going to have all their kids home, and I up and leave! At least I'm still in the country. :-)
We miss all of our family and friends, but Florida is slowly becoming our new home. So until next week, I hope this finds you all well!!
xoxo

1 comments:

About Us said...
July 15, 2011 at 5:48 PM

You and JonBoy's new home is beautiful, and there is definitely a beautiful amazing family living within it's walls. Home really is heaven, isn't it baby? You guys have a home by the ocean, and a home in the Colorado Rocky Mountains... the best of both worlds for sure!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top *JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE*. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.